Remember the date- Monday 1 December.
Why? Because it’s the Cyber Monday, one of the biggest online shopping days of the year.
Hundreds of retailers will be slashing prices for 24 hours as consumers scramble to find a bargain for the start of the festive season.
For both consumers and ecommerce retailers alike, it’s important to be prepared, either to know how and where to get the best deals, or to ensure that websites are prepared and ready.
Below we’ve created an infographic that highlights just how big this event, which first started in the US in 2006, has become in Britain.
Infographic stat sources
- 15 Stunning Stats About Cyber Monday: https://digiday.com/brands/15-stats-cyber-monday/
- Cyber Monday gave Amazon its biggest day ever as it handled 47 orders per SECOND – despite computer meltdown that left millions of NatWest customers frozen out: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2516953/Cyber-Monday-biggest-online-spending-spree-EVER.html
- Stores slash present prices by half to cash in on ‘Mega Monday’: Bargain hunters battle for best deals on biggest online shopping day in history: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2241860/Mega-Monday-2012-Christmas-shoppers-expected-splash-465m-today.html
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday US internet sales surge: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15918076
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday stats bonanza: just how much did we buy online? https://econsultancy.com/blog/63923-black-friday-and-cyber-monday-stats-bonanza-just-how-much-did-we-buy-online#i.16jz71916z4et9
- Cyber Monday in the UK: Samsung users spend more than iOS: https://www.digitalstrategyconsulting.com/intelligence/2013/12/cyber_monday_in_the_uk_samsung_users_spend_more_than_ios.php